Change Her World 10th Year of Celebration
COVID – 19 Update from the Change Her World Board
It is hard to believe that it has been almost six months since we were first aware of the virus called COVID-19 and the impact it was about to have in our country and in our communities. For many charities – events have been cancelled and fundraising sought through other means. Despite COVID-19, the work of Change Her World has continued.
As we head into the Fall 2020 – we want to bring a few special dates to your attention:
September 8, 2020 has been Proclaimed by the City of Stratford to be Change Her World Day!
You can celebrate this day with us in several ways:
- Tell someone about CHANGE HER WORLD and encourage them to visit our website to learn more about what we are doing to help the girls and women in Malawi – one of the poorest regions of our world.
- Download our CHW Progress Report Issue 19 (Fall 2020) or send it by email to family members and friends and share your experience in being a supporter of this organization.
- Click on the link to the Malawi Awareness Activity and take 30 days to consider the differences between Malawi and Canada through the eyes of a girl. Malawi Awareness Activity
- Make a donation to allow us to continue to support many students as they continue their studies from nursery school to University.
- Organize a collection campaign of underwear (Girls or Women – Regular Cotton Briefs) or organize your own fundraising venture with family and friends. (Look under – Get Involved on this website for more ideas)
- Sew reusable sanitary protection for us to send to our projects in Northern Malawi. Contact Linda Willis at email@example.com for more information.
Whatever you do – just know that we appreciate all the wonderful supporters across Canada who have allowed us to make a significant difference in the lives of so many!
November 7, 2020 – Chocolate Extravaganza Fundraiser
Hold the date and watch for more details about this special day to help raise awareness about the work of Change Her World while indulging in some special chocolate treats!
Saturday April 10, 2021 – 11th Annual Fundraising Dinner
Although a long way off – we are hopeful that COVID-19 restrictions will allow us to carry out this event when we finish out our 10th year with celebration and enthusiasm!